Joomla 5 Mitteilung

Wir freuen uns mitteilen zu können, dass seit dem 29. Januar 2024 alle unsere Joomla Erweiterungen mit Joomla 5 kompatible sind.

Für alle die gerade noch von Joomla 3 auf 4 aktualisieren: Anleitungen für die Joomla 4 Migration gibt es hier:

Es gibt nun auch eine eigenständige Dokumentation für Visforms für Joomla 4 und für Visforms auf Joomla 5

Forum

Visforms Subscription Inhaber können in unserem Forum Fragen stellen. Bitte mit dem entsprechenden Benutzer anmelden.
Jeder kann lesend auf das Forum zugreifen.

Bitte stellen Sie nur 1 Frage pro Thema.

Urgent problem with Summary

Mehr
4 Jahre 11 Monate her - 4 Jahre 11 Monate her #6178 von AndyG0HXT
AndyG0HXT antwortete auf Urgent problem with Summary
Hi Again

Yes the subscription is at 3.3.11.

I have had some improvement but its browser specific. I'm using a MAC with Chrome and despite clearing the cache it makes no difference. If I use Firefox or Safari the form works as expected however, one of the multi select fields is positioning itself over the field name when using Safari.

If you can send me your e-mail address I can send a screen shot.

Via a mobile phone using Android and Chrome the form will not allow a summary. If using Firefox on the same phone the form works fine.

Going back to Chrome on the MAC I get the following Javascript errors:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token o in JSON at position 1
at JSON.parse (<anonymous>)
at createSummaryHtml (visforms.js:688)
at onSummaryButtonClick (visforms.js:672)
at HTMLInputElement.<anonymous> (visforms.js:568)
at HTMLInputElement.dispatch (jquery.min.js?760626…d4901cfd7ddf63d87:2)
at HTMLInputElement.v.handle (jquery.min.js?760626…d4901cfd7ddf63d87:2)
Letzte Änderung: 4 Jahre 11 Monate her von AndyG0HXT.

Mehr
4 Jahre 11 Monate her #6180 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf Urgent problem with Summary
Hi,
there was another user which had a javascript error after the visForms/subscription update.
He was able to grant me access to the page, so that I could investigate the problem a bit further.
It turned out, that he had (accidentally) created overrides for the visForms layouts in his template (in the html and the html/layouts folder of his template).
Layout Overrides, created from older visForms versions are no longer compatible with visForms 3.12.10.
This incompatiblitly resulted in an invalid javascript object which then caused the javascript error.
The problem you describe can very well be caused by out of the date overrides, too.
Actually durting the update there was a message, which notified users, that they have to delete all old visForms layout overrides and make new once on the basis of the new layout files if the really need to use overrides at all.
Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Mehr
4 Jahre 11 Monate her #6181 von AndyG0HXT
Hi Aicha

Thanks for coming back to me. I have checked and we have no overrides in use on this site. If we had an override would this not cause issues with the other browsers that do work?

Mehr
4 Jahre 11 Monate her #6182 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf Urgent problem with Summary
Hi,
it is me again.
One thing is strange.
The error code you receive indicates without any doubt, that the visforms.js file used is the one from visForms 3.12.9
So besides from the override possiblity I just mention, this actually looks, as if there is still an old visforms.js cached on the browsers, where you run into the problem.
Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Mehr
4 Jahre 11 Monate her #6183 von AndyG0HXT
Hi, I have checked on a PC that has never used our site in both Chrome and IE and everything is fine. Can you tell me how I can check what .js files I have in Chrome on the MAC? I have cleared out the browsing data so would have thought that was it but maybe I'm missing something.

I can create you a user to look from your end but would prefer if I can e-mail you the details instead of placing on here.

Mehr
4 Jahre 11 Monate her #6185 von AndyG0HXT
I have created an admin user for you to use if you can give me an e-mail address to send to you.

Moderatoren: Administrator AVAdministrator IV