Joomla 5 Mitteilung

Wir freuen uns mitteilen zu können, dass seit dem 29. Januar 2024 alle unsere Joomla Erweiterungen mit Joomla 5 kompatible sind.

Für alle die gerade noch von Joomla 3 auf 4 aktualisieren: Anleitungen für die Joomla 4 Migration gibt es hier:

Es gibt nun auch eine eigenständige Dokumentation für Visforms für Joomla 4 und für Visforms auf Joomla 5

Forum

Visforms Subscription Inhaber können in unserem Forum Fragen stellen. Bitte mit dem entsprechenden Benutzer anmelden.
Jeder kann lesend auf das Forum zugreifen.

Bitte stellen Sie nur 1 Frage pro Thema.

Multilanguage form with frontend data display

Mehr
4 Jahre 6 Monate her #6343 von yellowbird
Multilanguage form with frontend data display wurde erstellt von yellowbird
We are currently setting up a multi language website with some sort of guestbook.

All form entries need to be displayed on one page, regardless of the language the items have been posted from.
As far as I understand, this requires a single form for all languages, as we cannot merge several form data result sets.

We were thinking of using Joomla language override strings for all form field descriptions. (Currently form field descriptions are not send through JText::_() but we probably could fix this with a template override-)

But obviously that's not an option for the form description (editor). Any hints?

TIA!

Mehr
4 Jahre 6 Monate her #6348 von yellowbird
As a side question: does visform fire an event like "on after form save" that we might be able to use? Pushing submitted data to another form (the single one used for displaying results) shouldn't be too difficult.

Cheers!

Mehr
4 Jahre 6 Monate her #6350 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf Multilanguage form with frontend data display
Hi,
sorry that it took me a while to answer, but I had to consider this problem for a while.
Yes there is such an event. See: www.vi-solutions.de/en/documentations/vi...loper-feature-events

About the "translation problem" using JText::_();

The form description is actually the easiest part. It is used directly in the defaut.php in the compontents view tmpl folder for which you can directly create an override file. ($this->visforms->description)

I think it is much more compllicated to use language strings in the field label or in field description option, because those field object values are processed in the layout files in the components layout folder. Although you can create template overrides for these layout files, I think it is quite a bit of work to create all these overrides.
And sadly, I can tell from my experience, that I do modify the layout files frequently, so that you will have to check after each visForms update.

Maybe this documentation article might help, although I must admit, that it is not totally up to date (bootstrap 3, bootstrap 4, uikit2 and uikit3 layouts are not documented :)): www.vi-solutions.de/en/documentations/vi...layout-with-override

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Moderatoren: Administrator AVAdministrator IV