Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

form redirect

More
4 years 1 month ago #6548 by wadnet
form redirect was created by wadnet
I have 2 form on the same site, I want the user are redirect to a specific page after a submission.
I set for both form in the tab "result":
- "save result" yes
- "redirect URL" my internal page
- the other fields are set to no or leave blank

1 form works, the other doesn't work and redirect to the homepage... I tried to change to external url. leave blank the field "redirect url", put something in "text result", set "return to previous page" to yes but the result doesn't change... the form redirect always to the homepage...

The site is Joomla 3.9.15 on php 7.3.14 mariadb 5.5.64 - Visform 3.12.10 + Subscription 3.3.12

How I can resolve? Thanks

More
4 years 1 month ago #6552 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic form redirect
Hi,

I'm sorry for your trouble.
I've never heard of such a problem before but I have one idea what could try.

Do you display the forms using the content plugin form view or a module of type visForms?

If so, it is possible, that changes, which you make in the administration to the form configuration does not show up immediately in the frontend. I run into a similar problem when I tried to change the captcha options (i.e. distortion etc) but the Captcha display did not change in the frontend. This is, because information was stored under a wrong name in the session and could therefore not be retrieved properly.

If you finish the session (for example by closing the browser completely) then the changes to the form configuration will effect in the frontend, too, when you open the form on the "fresh" browser.

This problem was fixed with the latest release of the current beta version (visforms 3.13.9).

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

More
4 years 1 month ago #6554 by wadnet
Replied by wadnet on topic form redirect
The forms are viewed directly in a page through the menu Visform -> Form (display a single form). no plugin no module.
Do you suggest to install the beta version? Also in a site in production?

More
4 years 1 month ago #6556 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic form redirect
Hi,

thanks for the additional information.

No I do not suggest to install the beta version unless you want to use one of the many new features of the beta version.

Visforms is used be very many people and I think that the redirect feature is a popular one.
As I wrote before, I have never heard of a problem as you describe it before.
And it does not make sense, that redirecting works in one form and does not in the other.
So I actually think, that the problem is not with the visForms code but somewhere else with the configuration of your website (or visForms).

You do not use the visForms plugin custom redirects with your form and have set up a redirect to the homepage through that plugin?

Is there a possibility that the result page, to which you want to redirect, is redirected to the homepage by any other extension, .htaccess......

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV