Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Field Option not working

More
3 years 3 months ago #7182 by akshehu
Field Option not working was created by akshehu
Hi Admin,

I have a filed set to read only, I have also set int the field option (basic option) Initial value to be 001 , and  Fill Field With >> i set  it as to pull the connected user: username.

Now the issue is that, Only the username is displayed in the field on the Data view. However, i expect the display in the field to be >>> example: 001username.

Is there anything i am missing?

NOTE, the username is displayed correctly in the field but the initial value "001" is not included.

Any help?

Thank you.

More
3 years 2 months ago #7183 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Field Option not working
Hi,

yes you are missing something.
A value in "Initial Value" is only used, if "Fill Field With" is set to "Initial value".
The selections in "Fill Field With" are alternative ways, where to get the default value from.

If you want to combine a fixed text with the logged in user username this could be achived using an sql select field.
But doing so has other implications
- returns only a value, if a user is actually logged in
-cannot be set to read only
- but the select would alway have only one option, so the value cannot be changed either (as with a read only field)

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

More
3 years 2 months ago #7190 by akshehu
Replied by akshehu on topic Field Option not working
Thank you verymuch Admin,

I will try what you explained and see if it work for me .. if any confusion i will get back at you..

Thank you once again.

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV