This feature is part of the Visforms Subscription and not available in the free Visforms version..
We propose reading the documentation from the beginning, starting with the System requirements. We will not repeat concepts and explanations made in previous parts of the documentation, here.
The Visforms subscription adds some new field types to your forms, with which you can perform special tasks. The field type "Location Map" allows you to add a field of type location to your form.
Basically this field type consists of two inputs one for the lattidute and one for the longitude and a button which allows the user to get their current position, which will then set the values in those two inputs automatically.
What is included
- Insert a pair of lattitude/longitude values and store this position information in the database
- Validate for valid lattitude and longitude values
- Use current user location as inputs (Using the Browser Geo Location API)
- Use the result of a search by address as inputs (Using Google Geocoding API)
- Option to choose whether to display a Google Map with the location inputs in the form and show location marker, if a location is set
- Make field conditional
- Option to choose wether to display stored user inputs in frontend data views as map. Decide individually for list and detail views
- Set map height and zoom individually for each view (form, frontend data list view, frontend data detail view
- Search in submitted user inputs of a location field in frontend data views with radius search
- Use submitted user inputs of a location field in frontend data view only for search, without displaying the data in the data list .