This feature is part of the Visforms Subscription and not available in the free Visforms version..
We propose reading the documentation from the beginning, starting with the Introduction. We will not repeat concepts and explanations made in previous parts of the documentation, here.
Enable plugin in plugin manager
Please make sure, that you have installed your Visforms Subcription. After that, you have to enable the plugin in the plugin manager before you can use it.
Go to the Administration Panel of your Joomla! installation and click the top menu item "Extensions" and then "Plugin Manager". Search for the list item with the name "Plugin Content Visforms Data View". You can use the search filter above the list. Make sure the plugin "Status" is set to enabled.
If the plugin is not published, the string which you have inserted in the article will not be removed.
Prepare the form
Visforms makes a point of providing secure forms and protect submitted user inputs. This is why you have to make some basic settings in order to display data in frontend.
- Go to the Administration Panel of your Joomla! installation and click the top menu item "Components" and then the "Visforms" submenu.
- Open the form edit view of the form in question.
- Go to form tab "Result" and enable the "Save result" option. Only then will Visforms save user inputs in database.
- Switch to the form tab "Dataview in frontend"
- Enable the option "Allow frontend data view"
- If you want to display one of the fields "Id", "Ip", "Modified" or "Date", which are stored automatically when a user input is stored in database, or if you want to display the "Date" as date and time, please make sure, that the visiblity for this field is not set to "Don't show".
- Enable the option "Autopublish data" or otherwise you have to publish each record set manually, after a user has submitted the form.
- Switch to the field configuration. (Click button "Fields")
- If you want to display the data of a form field in frontend you have to allow this explicitly.
- Open each such field, click the field tab "Advanced" and set the option "Frontend Display" to either "List and Detail" or "List only" or "Detail only". If you use the plugin it does not matter which one of the three options you choose.
After having made this basic setting, please continue with Display form data in article.