Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Upload Filed Field (Avatar)

More
4 years 6 months ago #6315 by akshehu
Upload Filed Field (Avatar) was created by akshehu
Hey....

I just wondering if you can consider having an avatar www.easy-profile.com/registration.html
image upload ( during upload, it allows you to edit to resize, crop the image).

If possible can you consider this feature ? perhaps in you future releases.

Looking forward to it B)

Cheers.

More
4 years 6 months ago #6320 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Upload Filed Field (Avatar)
Hi,

thanks a lot for your request!

This is quite a special feature, which is a far step away from a normal form component.
Field types are mostly defined by what the HTML Form definition of the w3c has defined.
I know, that this is not true for fields of type map and signature and pagebreak but I do not want to flood visForms with such things.
visForms is just a form generator in the first place.

The problem is, that visForms does no care, which file type is uploaded with a file upload field and does not make a difference between the uploaded files. But resize an crop and so on are only features that can apply to image files. So in order to implement this, we would have to add a lot of "business logic" to the upload field and I'm not sure, whether that does really fit well with visForms.

Nevertheless. Thanks for your suggestion. It is always good to know, how visForms is used and what the users would like to be able to do.... and sometimes I find a solution which fits well with visForms and provides what is requested. But in this case this is certainly very far in the future, if at all

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

More
4 years 6 months ago #6324 by akshehu
Replied by akshehu on topic Upload Filed Field (Avatar)
Thank you so much for taking my suggesting positively.

I do understand, but its all good.

You are having one of the best extension as far as form generation is concerned.

Keep it up.

Cheers

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV