Joomla 5 Mitteilung

Wir freuen uns mitteilen zu können, dass seit dem 29. Januar 2024 alle unsere Joomla Erweiterungen mit Joomla 5 kompatible sind.

Für alle die gerade noch von Joomla 3 auf 4 aktualisieren: Anleitungen für die Joomla 4 Migration gibt es hier:

Es gibt nun auch eine eigenständige Dokumentation für Visforms für Joomla 4 und für Visforms auf Joomla 5

Forum

Visforms Subscription Inhaber können in unserem Forum Fragen stellen. Bitte mit dem entsprechenden Benutzer anmelden.
Jeder kann lesend auf das Forum zugreifen.

Bitte stellen Sie nur 1 Frage pro Thema.

Textarea not recognizing "rows"

Mehr
7 Jahre 7 Monate her #3527 von ShanaB
Textarea not recognizing "rows" wurde erstellt von ShanaB
Hello Friends,

First of all, thank you so much for this extension. I am having an issue however, with a textarea. I have set the "rows" value to 20, however the textarea is still only showing one row on the front end of my site: warrensolar.com/index.php/contact-us

Thank you in advance for your advice!

Mehr
7 Jahre 7 Monate her - 7 Jahre 7 Monate her #3529 von Jesus
Jesus antwortete auf Textarea not recognizing "rows"
Hi ShanaB

I know your problem and I had it too on my site. The problem is NOT visforms, it's because of the CSS parameters of the Helix3 template and framework, which you are using on Warren Solar.

Visforms is set to use the "look and feel" of your site, and for that it accepts most of the template's CSS configuration, even if some of that colides with visforms. This wonderful extension has weak CSS rules wich gets overwritten by the templates' precisely because otherwise you'd have to change many code, which could be a hard work to do.

So, the solution for you is easy: you have to open the template.css file and remove the line 1146 (I guess), which is the one that is creating the problem. The line has the CSS property: "height: 34px;". I can say this because I've checked your site with the Chrome development tools (acessible by pressing F12). It allows us to play with the CSS to see the impact. Removing line 1146 automatically resolves the issue. However, you must recognize that direct CSS template changes are lost after upgrading Helix3 and that this change can affect other things of the visforms, like the other fields' height.

Before any change, please make a copy of your site or, at least, of the template.css file that you need to change.

I've sent a WeTransfer link to the email provided in the warrensolar.com, but I'll leave it here: we.tl/8rT1GUi2r3 . You can dowload the file by clicking on the link. The file is a .rar with three images. I was to put them right here on this post, but as far as I could know this forum accepts image links, not embedded images, and I don't want them on any image hosting platform, nor even on my site.

In Joomla! admin, go to Extensions -> Templates -> Template and choose the Helix3. Chose the template.css file from the treeview on the left side, and scroll down until you reach the highlighted line on the "Warren Solar 20 lines message.jpg" file. A file with the Joomla! template menu print-screen was also in the .rar file. Don't pay attention to the buttons, my admin site isn't in english ;)

Ok, check it out an give some feedback. This time lets give Aicha some rest lol :D

Kindest regards.

Mario Jesus

PS: Helix3 in combination with some great extensions can in fact create great websites. You're using the best free Joomla! template and the best free form builder extension. Congrats for that!
Letzte Änderung: 7 Jahre 7 Monate her von Jesus.

Mehr
7 Jahre 7 Monate her #3530 von ShanaB
ShanaB antwortete auf Textarea not recognizing "rows"
Easy! Solved! Thanks SO much! Great Support!

Moderatoren: Administrator AVAdministrator IV