Visforms 3.2.0 released
After almost 3 month of development, Visforms 3.2.0 comes with a new dimension of functions and features.
For the first time you can make fields conditional, so that a field is only displayed when the user has selected a specific option of a select, radio, checkbox or checkbox group.
Further on this release contains many new layout, business, export, accessibility and email feature, as well as for the first time some features for developer. The full feature list is attached and there is additional information in the documentation.
To achieve this further development many changes on code and database structure were necessary. Although the release was tested very thoroughly it is still a BETA version, which is not suitable for productive environments or only after you have tested thoroughly by yourself .
Please support Visforms 3.2.0, test it and let me know about any errors and bugs you might find!
Visforms 3.2.0 requires a Joomla! minimum version of 3.3.6. Installation on older Joomla! versions is not possible and will be aborted without changing your Joomla! installation. You can use the installation zip as full installation or a update for all prior Visforms 3.x installations. Please take a full backup of your Joomla! installation, including the database, before updating Visforms and start testing on a test system.
Notice: If you have created any old template overrides of visforms form views (default.php files) in the past, this overrides will break with Visforms 3.2.0, as the underlying files are profoundly changed. So please remove any visforms overrides in your template folder first.
- 2 new form layouts: Default Bootstrap Layout and Horizontal Bootstrap Layout
- More flexibility with regards to the display of the * for required fields
- New Option for text inputs: hide label
- New Option to create placeholder for text inputs
- New Option to choose the position of the fields "Custom Text"
- Conditional fields
- Edit stored user input (in administration)
- New field type: Checkbox group
- New validation type equal to: check that the input, a user made in two or more inputs, is identical
- New validation type custom validation: check user inputs against an individual regex (Regulare Expression)
- New validation option: enforce unique values in database
- Allow the use of URL parameters (to set individual default values in a form)
- Choose between semicolon and comma as separator for the CSV file
- New option: Include/exclude date column with export
- Support for aria-required and aria-labelledby in form
- Set focus on first input in form
- Enforce alt text for image buttons
- Individuel "Email from" and "Email from name" for receipt and for result mail
- Introduction of an additional header "reply to" in result mail, containing the submitted user email and being used as reply to mail.
- Improvements with regards to the creation of option lists. The order of the options can now be changed in retrospect.
- Field configuration: Make sure that field specific settings are validated, if necessary.