This feature is part of the Visforms Subscription and not available in the free Visforms version..
We propose reading the documentation from the beginning, starting with the System requirements. We will not repeat concepts and explanations made in previous parts of the documentation, here.
The Visforms subscription adds some new field types to your forms, with which you can perform special tasks. The field type "Signature" allows you to add a field to your form, that can capture a signature. The signature can be drawn with mouse, pen or finger.
The signature field provides a canvas and some additional controls. The controls vary, depending on which device is used to display the form.
What is included
- Display a signature capture field
- "Reset"-Button that allows to clear the canvas
- On mobile devices the canvas is locked (drawing is disabled). Additional buttons allow to unlock the canvas for drawing and to lock it again afterwards.
- Store signature data in the database
- Display signature in E-Mails and PDF's created from e-mails
- Display signature in frontend data views
- Authorized users can edit stored signature in frontend edit view .
Signature fields use the HTML5 canvas Element in order to render a field that can capture mouse, pen and finger strokes. The HTML5 canvas Element is very widely supported by modern browsers, especially moblie browsers.