Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Important information for almost every question:
V1: Which Visforms version is running?
V2: Which Joomla version is running?
V3: Which PHP version is running?

Change the order of field in form

More
1 month 1 week ago #10572 by jameschoi
Change the order of field in form was created by jameschoi
I try to split the form into two part by setting up a page break, I successfully setup the page break but cannot move the page break field into the position I want since it does not save the order once I rearrange it. I try to follow the instruction in the documentation ( docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/e...order-in-data-views/ ) but I cannot find the "Show form data option" in my menu item. Are there any configuration need to be enabled? Thanks.
Attachments:

More
1 month 1 week ago #10576 by Administrator IV
Replied by Administrator IV on topic Change the order of field in form
Hello jameschoi,

you read the wrong section in the documentation (form data --> in the frontend).

The section in the documentation that you linked describes the different order of the fields in the data view.
The order of the fields in the data view actually has to be activated in the menu configuration first.
This is a separate menu type, specifically for displaying the data in the frontend, which has this setting.
This order is not the order of the fields in the displayed form.

The screenshot shows the menu configuration for displaying the form, which is different from displaying the data.
The setting for displaying the data does not exist here.

To change the order of the fields in the displayed form, you have to go to the field list of the form.
The process is also described in the documentation (fields --> change of field order).

Change of field order:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/e...order-in-list-views/
Sorting in ascending order:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/e...g-in-ascending-order

Quote: This setting displays sorting based on the order of the fields in the form.

Kind regards, Ingmar

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV