Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Form Display Error when using an email address in custom error text

More
3 years 1 month ago #7328 by sjb1963
When I enter an email address by way of example, 
Since I can't include screen shots here, I guess you're on your own.

",required: "Please enter a valid email address e.g.  yourname@email.com ",},"plgvfformview_1_0phone": {customvalidation: "(999) 999-9999",},"plgvfformview_1_0contactby[]": {minlength: jQuery.validator.format('Please select at least {0} option(s)'),maxlength: jQuery.validator.format('Please select no more than {0} option(s)')}, }, //in accordion view, display a summary message, that form contains errors errorPlacement: function (error, element) { var errorfieldid = element.attr("data-error-container-id"); if (!errorfieldid && element.attr("id") === "g-recaptcha-response") { errorfieldid = 'fc-tbxrecaptcha_response_field'; } jQuery('#visform_plg1_0' + ' div.' + errorfieldid).html(''); error.appendTo('#visform_plg1_0' + ' div.' + errorfieldid); error.addClass("errorcontainer"); }, }); jQuery('.captcharefresh1').on( 'click', function () { if (jQuery('#captchacode1')) { jQuery('#captchacode1').attr('src', '/newj2020/index.php?option=com_visforms&task=visforms.captcha&sid=' + Math.random() + '&id=1'); } }); jQuery('#visform_plg1_0').initVisform({ visform: {"fid":"1","initEditor":false,"parentFormId":"visform_plg1_0","steps":1,"nbFields":10,"summaryLayout":"table","summaryLayoutClass":"table","summaryRowLayout":"tr","oSummaryFirstElementLayout":"","cSummaryFirstElementLayout":"<\/td>","oSummarySecondElementLayout":"","cSummarySecondElementLayout":"<\/td>","displaysummarypage":false,"hideemptyfieldsinsummary":false,"summaryemptycaliszero":false,"fields":{"0":{"id":1,"type":"text","label":"full name"},"1":{"id":6,"type":"email","label":"email"},"2":{"id":5,"type":"text","label":"phone number"},"3":{"id":2,"type":"text","label":"city"},"4":{"id":4,"type":"select","label":"state"},"5":{"id":3,"type":"text","label":"postal code"},"6":{"id":10,"type":"multicheckbox","label":"contactby"},"7":{"id":7,"type":"textarea","label":"your message"},"8":{"id":9,"type":"submit","label":"submit"},"9":{"id":8,"type":"reset","label":"reset"}}}, restrictData: {}, userInputs: [{"type":"text","label":"field1","value":"","isDisabled":false,"isForbidden":false},{"type":"email","label":"field6","value":"","isDisabled":false,"isForbidden":false},{"type":"text","label":"field5","value":"","isDisabled":false,"isForbidden":false},{"type":"text","label":"field2","value":"","isDisabled":false,"isForbidden":false},{"type":"select","label":"field4","value":{"0":""},"isDisabled":false,"isForbidden":false},{"type":"text","label":"field3","value":"","isDisabled":false,"isForbidden":false},{"type":"multicheckbox","label":"field10","value":{"0":""},"isDisabled":false,"isForbidden":false},{"type":"textarea","label":"field7","value":"","isDisabled":false,"isForbidden":false}]}); });

I enter the very SAME text you use by default, and the form spews code. Doesn't matter what email address I use there, this is what I get.

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #7332 by Administrator AV
Hi,
I guess you are publishing the form using the content plugin Content - Visforms Form.

This display error is the result of the Joomla! plugin Content - Email Cloaking.
There are two ways to fix this.
a) mask the @ by using
Code:
&#64
instead. Or
b) change the order of the content plugins in the administration of your website. Move the Content - Visforms Form, so that it is positioned below the Plugin Content - Email cloaking.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Administrator AV.

More
3 years 1 month ago #7337 by sjb1963
Perfect! Thank you!

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV