Joomla 5 Mitteilung

Wir freuen uns mitteilen zu können, dass seit dem 29. Januar 2024 alle unsere Joomla Erweiterungen mit Joomla 5 kompatible sind.

Für alle die gerade noch von Joomla 3 auf 4 aktualisieren: Anleitungen für die Joomla 4 Migration gibt es hier:

Es gibt nun auch eine eigenständige Dokumentation für Visforms für Joomla 4 und für Visforms auf Joomla 5

Forum

Visforms Subscription Inhaber können in unserem Forum Fragen stellen. Bitte mit dem entsprechenden Benutzer anmelden.
Jeder kann lesend auf das Forum zugreifen.

Bitte stellen Sie nur 1 Frage pro Thema.

Option List

Mehr
7 Jahre 8 Monate her #3442 von hdelange
Option List wurde erstellt von hdelange
Hello,

i try to make a option list with a field.

Have a list from about 400 options, but with import a csv he will not save the list.

Then i have try to put manual the list one by one, but he will not save more than 265 options.

Is there a maximum of options? of is it about the length of the field in de database that is the limit?

in the database is a field wirth attribute restrictions (text) is that the one where a length restriction is on perhaps?

Hope someone can help me?

Mehr
7 Jahre 8 Monate her #3452 von hdelange
hdelange antwortete auf Option List using "Conditional Field"
This problem is solved!
it was a variable on the server at the host provider which had to be adjusted.

Now I have a further problem.

It is a band list, where you can choose a song for a request.

The choice of songs, does not go beyond "Arcade Fire" then the choice will no longer appear.

Look here at this link what I mean:

www.indieimagination.com/info-nl

I used Type "select" and "Conditional Field" by all bands. All the bands beginning with an "A" have all the songs in the database yet.

anyone know why I do not see?

I can also communicate in German if you like?

Mehr
7 Jahre 8 Monate her #3453 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf Option List using "Conditional Field"
Hi,

thanks for your post.
Would you mind to let us know, which variable was adjusted on the serer at the host provider?

I have already noticed that there is a limit of how many options can be handle smoothly by a field of type select (or radio button or checkbox group). And that the limit may vary depending on server settings. This is due to the way Visforms creates and stores this options, which was devised before I added the feature "Import Option List" to Visforms. As it was not possible to import options on previous Visforms versions, I think nobody ever tried to create select fields with so many options.

Nevertheless when you are able to store the options, they should show up properly in the form and should be usable correctly.

I'm not sure, if I do understand your problem properly, but when I look at the link, there is a scroll bar at the right side of the list box "choice of songs". Using the scroll bar I can see all groups (up to groups with names starting with Z) and I can select any group. But to me it looks, as if you have not created "song" fields for each group yet, so that when I select a group name starting with "B", the field "Song" is not displayed. But to me it looks, that if you would have created the song field for each group, everything would be fine.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Mehr
7 Jahre 8 Monate her #3454 von hdelange
Hi Aicha,

thank you fir your reply.

that is the problem that when i select a band from "Artic Momkeys" and down, the songs dos not show up.

From de bands starting with "A" i have created also all the songs in the database.

But it works till "Arcade Fire" from Artic Monkeys down no songs show up anymore! that is the problem,

Regards,

Henk

Mehr
7 Jahre 8 Monate her #3455 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf Option List using "Conditional Field"
Hi Henk,

when I take a look at the html source code of the website it looks as if you have created about 41 fields for this form. The latest band where a song field is created for in the form is the-avett-brothers (not Artic Momkeys). From looking at the website, I cannot jugde, if there are more fields created for the form and if yes, why they are missing.

Would you mind to let me take a look at the backend? (contact@vi-solutions.de)

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Mehr
7 Jahre 8 Monate her #3456 von hdelange
oké, i will contact you by email

Moderatoren: Administrator AVAdministrator IV