Joomla 5 Mitteilung

Wir freuen uns mitteilen zu können, dass seit dem 29. Januar 2024 alle unsere Joomla Erweiterungen mit Joomla 5 kompatible sind.

Für alle die gerade noch von Joomla 3 auf 4 aktualisieren: Anleitungen für die Joomla 4 Migration gibt es hier:

Es gibt nun auch eine eigenständige Dokumentation für Visforms für Joomla 4 und für Visforms auf Joomla 5

Forum

Visforms Subscription Inhaber können in unserem Forum Fragen stellen. Bitte mit dem entsprechenden Benutzer anmelden.
Jeder kann lesend auf das Forum zugreifen.

Bitte stellen Sie nur 1 Frage pro Thema.

413 error upon sending files above the limit

Mehr
7 Jahre 8 Monate her #3521 von Jesus
Again and again, thank you, Aicha.

After the change you've suggested, a blank page with blue words saying "The page cannot be displayed" started to appear upon all form submissions, wether there were errors or not. I've restored the backup file and then tried to use Edge for a test and... it worked! So, I returned to my Chrome browser and tested again and... no error! Ok, just don't know what has happened, thing is, it's working now. And I just deleted the new file and restored the backed up files.php.

Two things:
1) You have some errors in your en-GB.com_visforms.ini, in some of the lines regarding the "new in 3.7.1". Minor things.
2) Before I send you the pt-PT file, is there any new lines regarding the next release, that I should predict by now in this file? My translations was done for the last stable version.

Kindest regards

Mario Jesus

Mehr
7 Jahre 7 Monate her #3522 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf 413 error upon sending files above the limit
Hi Mario,

that you got this white page after your changes is really strange. I think this has something to do with your server settings and maybe that, if you change a file directly via ftp the credentials for this file are change and the php user can not longer access the file. But I'm not sure about that.

Setting up a test environment for the problem you described (conditional fields are not displayed properly) takes some time and so I "believed" you that this problem exists, because there is a known problem with the display of conditional fields if they depend on a checkbox and this checkbox is checked by default and the form is displayed for the first time. (So almost exactly what you described just not after the form is re-displayed if php validation fails, but on first load).

I have send you the fix for this problem later problem, because I was sure, that it would solve your problem, too.

After your last message I set up the test system and I can confirm, that the problem you describe actually does not exist. Conditional fields depending on a checkbox are displayed properly when the form is re-displayed after php validation failed.
I tested my fix, too and there is no problem with empty pages there and it does fix the problem I discovered.

I have made some changes (added some more tags) to the language files for the Visforms beta Version 3.8.
I don't know, I you have noticed, that there is an article on this website, where I explain, how a translation for Visforms can be made ( www.vi-solutions.de/en/documentations/vi...slation-for-visforms ) and where I provide a link to the master file with the English translations files. You can download this master file here . I just checked, that the latest translations for the latest Visforms release are included there. So it is complete.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Jesus

Mehr
7 Jahre 7 Monate her #3528 von Jesus
Hi Aicha

Well, I found the cat: conditional fields aren't shown WHEN I click the return button on the browser. If the error is cought and shown properly by visforms, fields work fine. But if a PHP 413 error rises up, the frame is completely new, that's an empty white page with the error message on screen, so I click "return" on my browser to get the last page and that's when the problem really happens. This explains why I said yesterday that things were running fine: I've never had to user the return button.

About the translation, well... I just translated the en-GB.com_visforms.ini file, nothing else. I only need to translate what is shown in frontend, the rest is for me to use and not my users. So, the "admin" part is intact. I guess I'll do it too over the time as I'm a trully visforms enthusiastic.

Kindest regards.

PS: please advise when a beta version dealing the 413 issue gets available. I can test it in my test environment.

Mehr
7 Jahre 7 Monate her #3531 von Administrator AV
Hi Mario,

thanks for answering other post on this forums so well!

I have done some thinking about this 413 error and I've got some ideas about what I want and can do about this error but it requires a bit more of code implementation (for example I think, that a a browser side check of the file(s) size could prevent 90% of the problem).

The 413 Error is a http request error code and actually I thought, that Joomla! would handle this error (in the error.php) so I would like to set up a test envirionment, where I can study the error better. If the form submit process is not interrupted by this error, using the browser return button should work fine (because the browser return will never bring you back to a state of the form where user inputs are already made).

I'll will certainly inform you when I have implemented a solution and send you an installation for testing.

Kind Regards,
Aicha

Mehr
7 Jahre 7 Monate her #3537 von Administrator AV
Hi Mario,

I have implemented a clean php validation of the post_max_size and upload_file_max_size in Visforms and I think this will solve the problem. Adding a client side javascript based check of the sizes (as I mentioned in the last post), does not fit so well into Visforms 3.7.x and as I do not want to add new features to the 3.7.x versions, I decided on "only" implementing the server side validation.

I will implement client side validation of the file size in the next release of the Visforms beta version (3.8.9 then).

I will send you visforms 3.7.11 via private message.
I very much appreciate your offer of testing before I publish this release.

Regards,
Aicha

Moderatoren: Administrator AVAdministrator IV