Joomla 5 Mitteilung

Wir freuen uns mitteilen zu können, dass seit dem 29. Januar 2024 alle unsere Joomla Erweiterungen mit Joomla 5 kompatible sind.

Für alle die gerade noch von Joomla 3 auf 4 aktualisieren: Anleitungen für die Joomla 4 Migration gibt es hier:

Es gibt nun auch eine eigenständige Dokumentation für Visforms für Joomla 4 und für Visforms auf Joomla 5

Forum

Visforms Subscription Inhaber können in unserem Forum Fragen stellen. Bitte mit dem entsprechenden Benutzer anmelden.
Jeder kann lesend auf das Forum zugreifen.

Bitte stellen Sie nur 1 Frage pro Thema.

Error Message Problem saving data

Mehr
7 Jahre 5 Monate her - 7 Jahre 5 Monate her #3729 von Didattica
Error Message Problem saving data wurde erstellt von Didattica
Hello, I installed your visforms order to have a form on the site using the students who send their study projects.
So far everything is ok, but a student fails to submit the form because the system returns the following error message: Form submit failed
Problem saving data. Row size too large (> 8126). Changing some columns to TEXT or BLOB or using ROW_FORMAT = DYNAMIC or ROW_FORMAT = COMPRESSED may help. In current row format, BLOB prefix of 768 bytes is stored inline. SQL = INSERT INTO `#__ visforms_1` (` created`, `ipaddress`,` published`, `created_by`,` F1`, `F2`,` F3`, `F4`,` F5`, F6` `,` F7`, `F8`,` F9`, `F10`,` F12`, `F13`,` F14`, `F15`,` F16`, `F17`,` F18`, `F20`,` F21` , `F22`,` F23`, `F24`,` F25`, `F26`,` F27`, `F28`,` F29`, `F30`,` F31`, `F32`, F33``, ` F35`, `F36`,` F37`, `F38`,` F40`, `F41`,` F42`, `F45`,` F46`, `F47`) VALUES ( '11/11/2016 24:35 : 28 ',' 212.43.122.217 ',' 0 ',' 0 ','.
I ask you to please show me how to eliminate the problem and expand the size of the space for data that are entered.
Thank you for your attention and for the help that you give me.
Patrizia
Letzte Änderung: 7 Jahre 5 Monate her von Didattica.

Mehr
7 Jahre 5 Monate her #3731 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf Error Message Problem saving data
Hello Patrizia,

for each form field, Visforms creates a field in the database as well. These data base fields are of type text, which allows you to store up to 65,535 characters - 64 KB. The data base field type text is a good balance between the amount of data you can store and the speed of data base interactions and how big the data base becomes. Visforms is made to work for many people but it might not suit for extreme requirements (like entering very very long texts) and as I have never heard, that somebody had the same problem as you, I think I found a good balance.

Nevertheless, basically it is possible to solve your problem but you have to change the data base structure which requires some knowledge with data base administration.
Make sure that you have a backup of the database before your start.
Visforms creates two table for each form. #__visforms_id and #__visforms_id_save, where #_ is the Joomla! database prefix and id is the id of the form. In your case these are #__ visforms_1 and #__ visforms_1_save.
Data base field corresponding to the Visforms fields which you have created, always start with F (F1,.. F46) in your case. Each Visforms field has a field in both of the data base tables.
You can change the data base field type for these fields to mediumtext or longtext, which will allow you to store much more characters in the fields. Please note, that if you change the data base field type of a field in one table you have to change it in the other table, too!

If you allow your students to submit longer texts, it is possible that other errors may occure because other settings (like php configuration settings of the maximum length of the post) are exceeded.

Good luck and kind regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Mehr
7 Jahre 5 Monate her #3739 von Didattica
Didattica antwortete auf Error Message Problem saving data
Thanks for the reply. You were really so kind and helpful. :-)

Mehr
7 Jahre 5 Monate her #3742 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf Error Message Problem saving data
You're welcome!

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Moderatoren: Administrator AVAdministrator IV