Joomla 5 Mitteilung

Wir freuen uns mitteilen zu können, dass seit dem 29. Januar 2024 alle unsere Joomla Erweiterungen mit Joomla 5 kompatible sind.

Für alle die gerade noch von Joomla 3 auf 4 aktualisieren: Anleitungen für die Joomla 4 Migration gibt es hier:

Es gibt nun auch eine eigenständige Dokumentation für Visforms für Joomla 4 und für Visforms auf Joomla 5

Forum

Visforms Subscription Inhaber können in unserem Forum Fragen stellen. Bitte mit dem entsprechenden Benutzer anmelden.
Jeder kann lesend auf das Forum zugreifen.

Bitte stellen Sie nur 1 Frage pro Thema.

Restrict User to Complete Form Only Once

Mehr
7 Jahre 3 Monate her #3888 von encorelab
Restrict User to Complete Form Only Once wurde erstellt von encorelab
Hi Vi-Solutions,

I just set up Visforms on my Joomla website & was very impressed with how easy it was to set up & get started :)

I set up a form & I am wondering how I can restrict users to submit the form only once?

I saw an article in your documentation about caching error & getting the message "Sorry, you can send the form only once" www.vi-solutions.de/en/documentations/vi...forms-caching-errors . But I am not seeing this message when I fill out the form multiple times.

How do I turn this feature on?

Many thanks,
Cory

Mehr
7 Jahre 3 Monate her #3890 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf Restrict User to Complete Form Only Once
Hi,

"Sorry, you can send the form only once" really is an error message, which is thrown, if a user clicks the submit button for the same submission more than once (for example because processing the form is slow, so that the page with the form, which was already submitted is still displayed for some time).

At the moment there is no specific form option "user can submit form only once" but there is a way to set this up.

Restrict a user to complete form only once, is obviously only possible if the form can only be submitted by logged in users, because otherwise it is not possible, if a user has already sumbitted the form.

You have to add a field to the form which is set by default to some of the user data from the Joomla! user (best option is the user e-mail address). Enable the "advanced" option "unique values only" for this field. This will prevent duplicate submissions from any logged in user. You can make this field readonly if you don't want the user to be able to change the value.

If you intend to use the Visforms Subscription feature "Edit data in frontend", which would allow users to edit data, which they have already submitted, there is a form option "Display edit link instead of form" (Basic form option). This options makes sure, that if a user has already submitted the form once, they will always see a link to the edit view instead of the form. (Assumed you have set up the complete feature properly as described in the documentation of the extension).

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Mehr
7 Jahre 3 Monate her #3893 von encorelab
encorelab antwortete auf Restrict User to Complete Form Only Once
Thanks. This is very helpful!

Is it possible to modify the Error message that appears when logged in users try to vote more than once?

Currently is says "Inputs in field "Email address" are required to be unique but there is already a recordset with the value "xxxxxxxx@gmail.com" in the database. Please enter a different value." - is it possible to to add our own message there? I couldn't find this setting in the extension options.

Thanks again :)

Mehr
7 Jahre 3 Monate her #3895 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf Restrict User to Complete Form Only Once
Hi,

this text is create from a language tag, which is defined in the language ini file and the field Label and the user input. There is no form or field option to modify this text but it should be possible to create an override using the Joomla! Language mananager.

Field label and user input are the two parameters %s which are used in the translation string.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Moderatoren: Administrator AVAdministrator IV