Joomla 5 Mitteilung

Wir freuen uns mitteilen zu können, dass seit dem 29. Januar 2024 alle unsere Joomla Erweiterungen mit Joomla 5 kompatible sind.

Für alle die gerade noch von Joomla 3 auf 4 aktualisieren: Anleitungen für die Joomla 4 Migration gibt es hier:

Es gibt nun auch eine eigenständige Dokumentation für Visforms für Joomla 4 und für Visforms auf Joomla 5

Forum

Visforms Subscription Inhaber können in unserem Forum Fragen stellen. Bitte mit dem entsprechenden Benutzer anmelden.
Jeder kann lesend auf das Forum zugreifen.

Bitte stellen Sie nur 1 Frage pro Thema.

Populate a second form database from fields on the first form

• michaelh@notabandoned.org
  • Autor
Mehr
6 Jahre 7 Monate her #4759 von michaelh@notabandoned.org
Populate a second form database from fields on the first form wurde erstellt von michaelh@notabandoned.org
Hi-

If I have two forms and the first form has two fields that I would like duplicated on the second form in the backend database, is this possible.

For example, a user submits information on the first form and in the database the ID is created and the field for the name was submitted. If I have a second form I would like this database to automatically pull in this ID as a new record for the second form and populate the name in the same field.

Would this be possible?

thank you
MIchael

Mehr
6 Jahre 7 Monate her #4760 von Administrator AV
Hi,

creating new record sets in the database (data tables) is only possible through actually submitting a form. Visforms is very thouroghly while handleing user inputs and manipulating the database directly would be very error prone in the context of Visforms.

Visforms allows you to redirect to another page (the second form in your case) after the first form was submitted. It further on allows you to use user inputs from the first form as url paramters in the redirect url which allows you to automacally set inputs from the first for in this second form. But the user has to submit the second for in order to create a record set in the data table for the second form and this will only work as expected if all processes (send first form, redirect to second form, send second form) are really "chained". If the second form is called by any other way, the default values would not be set.

Check out this documentation please.

www.vi-solutions.de/en/documentations/vi...lue-using-url-params

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: michaelh@notabandoned.org

Moderatoren: Administrator AVAdministrator IV