Joomla 5 Mitteilung

Wir freuen uns mitteilen zu können, dass seit dem 29. Januar 2024 alle unsere Joomla Erweiterungen mit Joomla 5 kompatible sind.

Für alle die gerade noch von Joomla 3 auf 4 aktualisieren: Anleitungen für die Joomla 4 Migration gibt es hier:

Es gibt nun auch eine eigenständige Dokumentation für Visforms für Joomla 4 und für Visforms auf Joomla 5

Forum

Visforms Subscription Inhaber können in unserem Forum Fragen stellen. Bitte mit dem entsprechenden Benutzer anmelden.
Jeder kann lesend auf das Forum zugreifen.

Bitte stellen Sie nur 1 Frage pro Thema.

Make a copy of a form

Mehr
8 Jahre 3 Monate her #2417 von conte64
Make a copy of a form wurde erstellt von conte64
Hi,
I'm using Visforms 3.5.7 on Joomla 3.4.8.
I have to create multilanguage version of a form containing tens of "select" fields with many options and tens of fields depending on other fields using Conditional Field.

I've been able to duplicate the form with select options but Conditional Field have not been copied.
Is there a method to duplicate a form with ALL its parameters, either using Joomla itself or database queries?

Thank you very much
Regards

Mehr
8 Jahre 3 Monate her #2418 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf Make a copy of a form
Hi,

if you want to "copy" a form with it's fields you have to use the "batch" button in the Visforms administration (form list view). Keep the option "Copy existing fields with form" checked (which is the default).

This will copy the form and all it's fields but nevertheless, the selections of conditions which you made in any conditional field in the original form will always be removed during the copying process. The reason for this is, that the condition is a reverence to a specific field id and the field with this id is in the original form and not the copy.

The batch copy process works field by fields. So there is no information about the new id of the other fields in the first place, when a field copy is made. With a noticeable amout of work It is certainly possible to improve this feature and set the references in the copied conditional field as well but at the moment this is not a feature in Visforms.

Actually I though, that using the batch copy function to copy forms would mostly be used to either create translations or to create similar forms. In both cases it is necessary to check and modify the copied form and fields anyway (in order to translate the option labels for example) and therefore it would be ok to reset the conditions.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Mehr
8 Jahre 3 Monate her #2421 von conte64
conte64 antwortete auf Make a copy of a form
Hi,
thank you for your quick reply!

I suspected it was because Conditions were based on text instead of ID. But if they are linked to IDs (good new :-)) it should be easy to the "copy" code modify (or add) link after a row is inserted in db and its id has been returned. A bit slower but easy.

Anyway, I've understood the problem and the fact that, waiting a future release which will implement this improvement, I have to re-insert conditional fields by hand, one by one :-)

Thank you very much
Kind regards

Moderatoren: Administrator AVAdministrator IV