Joomla 5 Mitteilung

Wir freuen uns mitteilen zu können, dass seit dem 29. Januar 2024 alle unsere Joomla Erweiterungen mit Joomla 5 kompatible sind.

Für alle die gerade noch von Joomla 3 auf 4 aktualisieren: Anleitungen für die Joomla 4 Migration gibt es hier:

Es gibt nun auch eine eigenständige Dokumentation für Visforms für Joomla 4 und für Visforms auf Joomla 5

Forum

Visforms Subscription Inhaber können in unserem Forum Fragen stellen. Bitte mit dem entsprechenden Benutzer anmelden.
Jeder kann lesend auf das Forum zugreifen.

Bitte stellen Sie nur 1 Frage pro Thema.

Error installing Visform Incomp. version sequense

Mehr
8 Jahre 3 Monate her #2435 von pwouda
Hi,
After having installed your great Visform extension on several Joomla website, I now get the following error when I try to install it on Joomla 3.4.8:

Incompatible version sequence. Minimal version of Visforms for upgrade has to be 2.0.0. Cannot upgrade to 3.5.7

I downloaded visForms_j3.3.6_3.5.7. Please help, because I really want to install the extension.

Thanks,
Peter

Peter Wouda
Noordoost.nl
www.noordoost.nl

Mehr
8 Jahre 3 Monate her #2444 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf Error installing Visform Incomp. version sequense
Hi Peter,

it look's that this is a website, which was updated from Joomla! 2.5 to 3.x?
On the Joomla! 2.5 version of the website you had installed Visforms in a Version lower than 2.0.0 which was neither uninstalled (or uninstalled incomplete) nor updated to the latest Visforms Version for Joomla! 2.5 before the Joomla! installation was updated to 3.x.

Actually it is really not possible to update from a Visforms version lower than 2.0.0 to a current Version.
There is an article in our documentation about migrating Visforms with a Joomla! update from 2.5 to 3.x www.vi-solutions.de/en/documentations/vi...omla-2-5-to-joomla-3 and although it is not the most current article, what it says is basically correct.

I think the only way for you to get around this problem is to completely remove any remnants of the old Visforms installation from your Website and your database, especially the items in the #__extensions table. You can use the download of the latest Visforms Version for Joomla! 2.5 to find out, which files and folders you need to remove. And you have to check your database for "Visforms" and "Visfields" tables as well as for items in other tables which relate to Visforms.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Mehr
8 Jahre 3 Monate her - 8 Jahre 3 Monate her #2447 von pwouda
Thanks for you quick reply.

Unfortunately the website is a fresh installation of Joomla version 3.4.8, and I can not find any database-tables or data in the #___extensions table that relates to Visform or Visfields.
I installed Visforms many times on other inplementations (some versions lower then 3.4.8. but still version 3) without any problem.

But the problem is solved :) ! There were folders in the (administrator)/components and (administrator)/modules that related to visform. Maybe I tried to install an old version of Visforms in the Joomla 3.4.8. installation.

Thanks,
Peter

Peter Wouda
Noordoost.nl
www.noordoost.nl
Letzte Änderung: 8 Jahre 3 Monate her von pwouda. Begründung: Problem solved

Mehr
8 Jahre 3 Monate her #2450 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf Error installing Visform Incomp. version sequense
Hi Peter,

I'm glad to hear the problem is solved.
Thanks for the additional information.
Hopefully I will sometimes find the time to check, how it is possible that you ran into this problem.
It is a mistery to my how there could be a folder in administrator modules that was related to Visforms. :dry:
Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: pwouda

Mehr
6 Jahre 11 Monate her #4299 von jlozon
Thanks, pwouda, for your post. I also had a similar problem. I found a Visforms-related component in my administrator/components directory that was preventing me from installing a fresh version of Visforms.

In my case, I was able to install a related Visforms component before I tried to install VisForm. I shouldn't have done that. In fact, in most cases, you can't do that anyway and you'll get an error message. But for some reason, I was able to do so. However, that apparently prevented me from being able to install a fresh version of Visforms.

But once I deleted that component from my directory structure through my File Manager in cPanel, I was then able to install Visforms with no problem. I was then able to install all the related plugins via the subscription.

So make sure that there are no remnants of Visforms in your file structure, then install the main Visforms component, and then install any additional Visforms-related plugins. Thanks to pwouda, I was able to figure it out. I hope this post will help someone out if they run across the same issue.

Moderatoren: Administrator AVAdministrator IV