Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Result e-mail using labels instead of values

More
8 years 4 months ago #2271 by Jesus
Hi.

First of all a huge thank you for this wonderful extention! Better than some paid form builders I've known from other websites!

I'm creating (or trying to...) a Joomla! website for the first time (truly novice here...) and therefore this is also the first time using Visforms. I've read your documentation (congrats for that either!) and several answers to forum questions, however I haven't found anything that could help me on this: is there any way of adding the label text of the radio or select fields' selected option into the e-mail receipt? Visformfields for this type of fields represents the value for the chosen option. Is it possible to somehow configure the form so that the text is send instead? I could configure the values to have exactly the same as their corresponding texts, but that can break the code upon submission, considering some text have special characters.

Thank you beforehand.
Kindest regards

Mario Jesus

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #2275 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Result e-mail using labels instead of values
Hi Mario,

I think this is a great comment!
At the moment it is not possible to display the option label as replacement, if you use Visformsfields. The only solution, is the one you proposed (using identical labels and values for the options) and you are totally correct that special characters in the option values actually won't work. So, this is not so great.
I will try to figure a better solution in one of the next Visforms releases!

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Administrator AV.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jesus

More
8 years 4 months ago #2279 by Jesus
Hi again.

Thank you for such a quick answer. I was expecting that, to be honest. The database table doesn't include the labels, so I wonder if perhaps having this kind of fields relying on tables one could create inside the form may be one ideia for a future approach to this feature. For now on I will use initials in replace of the numeric values, as they can be easy to understand for the people receiving the receipt emails.

Looking forward to new versions :)

Kindest regards

Mario Jesus

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV