Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Due to public holidays and vacations, longer response times can be expected for inquiries in the forum between May 18, 2024 and June 2, 2024.

Hidden field to Identify the logged on User

More
8 years 3 months ago #2467 by venukommu
Hello Aicha,
I'm trying to provide privacy for user submitted data. So we have used username to identify the logged user and worked well as expected, but you know form is displaying username also in read only state. So i want to hide it completely. I see only two options in your document. One is to display the form through Article and second one is in the module. But we wanted to call the form directly though menu.

If i change it to hidden, it is not reading logged in user information. So please let me know how to fix this issue in the form directly.

Thank You
Venu Kommu

More
8 years 3 months ago #2468 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Hidden field to Identify the logged on User
Hi Venu Kommu,

you are right. Setting username as default value of a hidden field is only possible with the content plugin form view. And as it is a content plugin, you have to use it in content (which is an article or a module of type custom html).

If you create an article and the only content on this article is the plugin string of the form view plugin and you set the article options for this article in a way, that the article title is not displayed and the article info is not displayed ... and if you link this article to a menu item directly, you can make it look exactly as if it is a menu item of type Visforms. Nevertheless technically there are some differences but as I do not know, for which reason you want to use a menu item of type Visforms directly, I cannot tell if this differences matters.

Another option would be to stay with the form, with the readonly text field and the menu item of type Visforms. You can hide the field completely with CSS. This would be exactly the same result as if you use a hidden field (which is "displayed" in the form as well and only hidden from sight.) You have to apply a css rule "display: none" to the text field with the read only user name. There are different ways to do so, and the best solution depends on the form layout which you have chosen and the field settings as well.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

More
8 years 3 months ago #2542 by venukommu
Replied by venukommu on topic Hidden field to Identify the logged on User
Hello Aicha,
Thank you for helping us. As you suggested earlier we have been using all of your paid extensions as needed. But still we are able to see the username(which is hidden field) in the form through article. Also when i accessing form through article, font color is changing to red, otherwise it is normal as black when i accessing it through visforms -> formdata directly.

When i accessing form or formdata through article it is showing some gap between title and actual content. I found some objects in that gap. Please check the attached image.

Thank You
Venu Kommu

More
8 years 3 months ago #2547 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Hidden field to Identify the logged on User
Hi,

if you see the field in the form it is not a field of type hidden. Please check the field configuration again. You have to set the field type to hidden. You cannot select the user name as default value for the hidden field in the field config then. Instead you have to use the plugin string, which displays your form in the article then to set the username as default value in the hidden filed (see documentation www.vi-solutions.de/en/documentations/vi...sert-form-in-article almost at the bottom: Use registered users information as default values in (hidden) fields)

Gaps in the article with the form and the colors in the form are most probably a result of the css of your template and maybe the article options you have selected in the article configuration.

Regards,
Aicha

More
8 years 3 months ago #2559 by venukommu
Replied by venukommu on topic Hidden field to Identify the logged on User
Hello Aicha,

Thank you for your reply. Already i tried with hidden field as you suggested. When we are changing type to hidden, hidden field is not showing in the form as expected, but results are not filtering based on submitted/logged username. I can see other records also over there which are submitted by other users.

Please check the attached image and let me know your suggestions. What should i place in the text field of value ?
snag.gy/svGW6.jpg

Also it would be great if you can suggest me plugin string also ? if i did some thing wrong in the plugin string.
{vfdataview}{"formid":"2","fieldlist":"6,7,8,9,10","show_page_heading":"false"}{/vfdataview}

Thank You
Venu Kommu

More
8 years 3 months ago #2563 by Administrator AV
Hi,

in the field configuration of "hiddenusername" you have to set the option "allow url params" to yes (tab advanced).

In the form view plugin string you have to add
Code:
"hiddenusername":"[_username]"

In the plugin string of data view plugin you have to add
Code:
"fieldselect":{"20":"[_username]"}

Regards,
Aicha

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV