Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Due to public holidays and vacations, longer response times can be expected for inquiries in the forum between May 18, 2024 and June 2, 2024.

Hidden field to Identify the logged on User

More
8 years 3 months ago #2576 by venukommu
Replied by venukommu on topic Hidden field to Identify the logged on User
Okay... But i don't think it is an issue. First of all, we are not getting username into the submitted forms results. Display Data is showing blank instead of username which should be grab from logged in user.

Is that expression right that we have implemented in the view data plugin ? Added screen grab in the previous thread. If you don't mind, could you please check the screen added in the previous email. Submitted data is not filtering based on the logged in user.

Appreciate your help.
Thank You
Venu Kommu

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #2579 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Hidden field to Identify the logged on User
Hi,

I have spent now hours answering your request in this forum. I have check your screenshots and read your texts.
Everything I told you was correct and if you would just follow my instructions and read the documentations and follow the instructions in the documentation as well this would work fine!

You have bought a subscription so you can use the content plugin FORM VIEW (plg_Vfformview) to display the form.
You have to add the correct plugin string starting with {vfformview} then the plugin parameter "formid":"your formid", "urlparams":{"hiddenusername":"[_username]"} and then the closing plugin string {/vfformview}
Insert the plugin string in an article and publish the article via a menu item.

If a logged in user submits the form this will certainly insert the username into the hiddenusername field. It works for everybody else.
If you want to display the data you use the content plugin DATA VIEW (plg_vfdataview) plugin with the correct plugin string. If a logged in user views the data they will only see record sets which they submitted.
This functionality is the basic idea why I developed the plugins and they both work if you follow this instructions.

I'm really sorry for your problems but I cannot repeat myself over and over again.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Administrator AV.

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV